View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 05:43 PM   #27
BrixtonFC
n00b

The Days Between
And the first Ireland youth scouting reports are in. The best player (who might actually come to us) is Mark Nixon, AMC. He’s better than Barlow by far but with a Stamina of 3 he won’t get to start many games, despite having 14 in Dribbling, Technique, and Flair and also really good other Physicals. I promise him “Rotation” and “Win the league this season” and he agrees to proceed to the contract phase.

Next up is Stephen Dunne, ML. He doesn’t seem to have a great future but I’ll eventually need bodies for the U18 and left-footed players are a premium, plus he can play MC a little. He has a 12 Penalty Taking but 9 Pace. I like his 15 Determination and 16 Natural Fitness. I promise him “Rotation” and “Win the league this season” and he agrees to proceed to the contract phase.

I also look at Martin Duggan, DC l. Again, he’s left-footed and I only have one naturally left-footed central defender. He’s tall, can jump, and knows where to stand. As far as negotiating a contract, is there an echo in here? Same as Nixon and Dunne.

Finally, there is Jesse Gilroy, ST. He’s tall, fast, determined, and knows how to shoot a ball. Probably going to be as good as Ben O’Donnell. Unfortunately, he refuses to discuss a contract. Drat.

Next up is a Sunday (!) match against an oddly named club/city. I have no idea why the game is on Sunday. Time for Legg to make his debut!

Southern Counties East
at Crowborough, 24 September 2017

Formation: Spade (GK, DR, DC r, DC l, DL, MC r, MC l, AMR, AMC, AML, ST c)
Starting XI: Legg, Maguire, Day, Carroll, Jefcoate, Barlow, Smith, Pearson, O’Donnell, Duckett, Macey
Subs: Friend, Johnstone, Clark, Spearing, Parker, Cullen, McAdam, Jones, Taylor, Martin, Rae

I bring us back to the Spade to get Familiarity higher. This is also Chicken Leg’s debut. I get four positive responses from my Calm speech about being favourites and leaving no doubt as to why. Macey is one of them, which is promising as his Morale has been lower than everyone else’s recently. In the first 12 minutes we have three great heading opportunities off crosses but they’re all to the goalie. Macey is looking a bit complacent so I give him a shout demanding more. Finally in the 18’ we get a free kick but play it short and work it into the box where Barlow feeds to Pearson for a powerful shot and it’s in. On the restart Macey finds himself alone in front of the goal because Ravensburg’s defense screws up. And he sends it right to the goalie, not even bothering to dribble around him with no defenders within yards. Eight minutes later and he sends another soft one right to the goalie.

We finally get a second when, in the scrum after a corner, the ball finds Day in the penalty area and he gets first goal of the season. I can’t count it as a set piece goal due to all the pinballing going on. So of course Macey picks up a yellow but a couple minutes later he becomes bait as he’s on a breakaway when Ratbirdtown’s right back hacks him down; said Ratbird was already on a yellow so now we have a man advantage. I read Macey and Smith the riot act at half as they are underperforming and not looking interested at all. Three other players, including Chicken Leg, are also already thinking about tomorrow but I don’t want to overdo the chastising.

Despite being a player up nothing happens in the second half. I let the team know their performance was unsatisfactory and Assertively tell Macey he was shit. I brought Rae in for him but he fared slightly better than crap.

POM: Daniel Duckett (1 assist, 4 key passes, 4 chances created)

After the match I give Macey an Official Warning. Can’t let a Captain get away with such play.