View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 05:47 PM   #28
BrixtonFC
n00b

The Days Between
Another U18 Friendly is scheduled for the Yutes, this time at Rayers Lane on 1 October. I figure the Irish youth arrivals will need to get into shape.

Southern Counties East
vs. Beckenham, 27 September 2017

Formation: 4-4-2 Standard (GK, DR, DC r, DC l, DL, MR, MC r, MC l, ML, ST r, ST l)
Starting XI: Legg, Maguire, Day, Carroll, Jefcoate, Pearson, Barlow, Smith, Duckett, Macey, O’Donnell
Subs: Webb, Johnstone, Clark, Spearing, Parker, Jones, Thompson, McAdam, Martin, Taylor, Rae

We have a good start with a Pearson-Macey combo getting us ahead before 10 minutes has elapsed. Ben O’Donnell almost gets on the board at 25’ but hits the post. Macey is still horrible beating one-on-ones so I’m going to put him on training to round the keeper. Holy Bat, Shitman! We scored a goal off a corner! Duckett sends it in from the left to O’Donnell who heads it down to Carroll, waiting patiently at the right post, and he sends it in silky smooth for his first career goals. I give a Calm pep-talk at half and for shits and giggles swap Macey and Benny around.

I bring Smith and Carroll off at 55’ because both are on yellow. Immediately thereafter my swap for Benny and Macey pays off with a lovely cross resulting in Macey’s brace. Chris Day on the other hand is still prone to dumb mistakes. Chicken Leg rolls the ball to him and Day just kind of starts looking around and gets robbed then the Beckenhammer sends it into goal before Chicken can react. The rest of the match sees me subbing everyone but Chicken at staggered intervals. This schedule is brutal and I need my lads fresh.

POM: Eddie Macey (2 goals, 2 key passes, 1 chance created)