View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 10:51 AM   #865
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

May 1, 2043

I had been wondering for a while what I would do when Graham Sims became too aged to realistically be a college basketball coach. I knew one thing: I've had so much fun with FBCB that I wanted to continue playing in and writing about my college basketball universe.

I decided that the best way to keep the fun going was to create a new, young coach whose story will be focus of a new dynasty here on the FOFC board.

Had Graham and his Villanova team won their fourth consecutive NCAA title this spring, I'm almost positive I would have retired him. That would seem like the perfect time for him to move into the next phase of his life. However, when Graham's season ended with a heartbreaking overtime loss in the national championship game, I decided he wouldn't want to go out that way. So Coach Sims will postpone his retirement for the time being.

At the same time, I'm excited about the challenge of playing the game with a young coach who is far from his prime. So, it's time to introduce you to Toby Whittaker.

Code:
COACH DETAILS Toby Whittaker -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 30 High School: Episcopal Academy Hometown: Newtown Square, PA Alma Mater: Virginia Current Level: 5 Career Record: 0 - 0 Salary: $0 Recruiting: 57 Scouting: 50 Offense: 53 Defense: 40
Toby grew up on the Main Line, and like many basketball-loving kids in his area, he rooted hard for Villanova. But, instead of idolizing Corey Hicks and Jacob Allen, or modeling his high school game on that of Avery Sullivan or Justice Stafford, Toby adopted Graham Sims as his role model. He's always wanted to coach.

Toby was a decent player at Episcopal Academy, the school that would later produce Dan O'Halloran. He attended the University of Virginia, where he spent four years as a basketball manager, and then two more as a graduate assistant. After a six-year tenure as a high school coach, he's pursuing his first collegiate job.

I'll tell Coach Whittaker's story in this thread, along with that of Coach Sims. When Graham retires, I'll move Toby's story to a thread of its own. I hope we all enjoy the experiences of a young coach as he builds his career.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 05-10-2024 at 10:51 AM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote