View Single Post
Old 05-16-2024, 02:46 AM   #109
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We won the District doubles tonight down, after being down 2-6, they came back and closed it out 2-6, 6-4, 6-4. It was great because we'd only saw them once this season and it did not go well. So this was a mildly surprising upset, but I knew this team was beatable.

Gutsy performance though. We have a singles player and two doubles team headed to state next week. Not bad for a rebuilding year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
We just finished a successful weekend trip to Indianapolis (we're in Kentucky about 20 minutes south of Cincinnati). Our individual regionals start on Friday, and our team regionals start next week. We've been very successful this year (4 losses, and 2 were where the other coach stacked us... we'd crush them if we played again). Our #1 singles and #1 doubles are going to be seeded and doubles will be the favorite to win the region (only 1 loss this year and it was against 2 D-1 offerees from Louisville). For the team tourney (new this year for the first time in 12 years), we'll break up our doubles team and have a stack at 1,2,3 singles. It will come down to us v. the local Catholic girls team... should be exciting!

That's awesome that Ohio is also doing a team tournament, I need to read up about it. Oregon really needs to step up our game, a team tournament would be a game changer here -- even with fixed lineups -- and the committee that meets to decide only meets once every 4 years so I have to get some ducks in a row this off-season and see if we can get the ADs behind our effort for a team tournament.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote