View Single Post
Old 05-16-2024, 11:00 AM   #321
garion333
High School Varsity

Actually, let me make my comment clearer.

Without a Multiplayer community engaging with FOF on a daily or weekly basis, the discussions surrounding FOF will likely completely die down. There's simply not large enough community for this (fantastic) series at this stage to support healthy discussions on the game. You can see it here, a number of recently made accounts ask questions that don't get answered. They likely move on to other games.

When there were active mp leagues, it helped keep things alive, even if discussions were happening on league forums or in Slack/Discord/etc. Those discussions would find there way back to these threads, the knowledge base expands and people stay engaged.

Now, with a sp focused title, and a large portion of the mp community seemingly writing FOF9 off, there's no discussion at all. I feel for Jim because I thought the mp community would still embrace FOF9 despite the sp nature. His comments on why it's sp only didn't seem to move the needle, and then he somewhat doubled down with a bit of shade by indicating a lot of his post-release support over the years were at the behest of the mp community. I think they need to hug it out...

The way I see it, this version was doomed from the start. The UI change brings some nice touches, but looks like an OOTP UI without the ability to modify the layout or utilize filters. FOF9 is simply too stiff.

And then to effectively give the mp community the middle finger. Yikes. There's a reason companies hire pr folks.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote