View Single Post
Old 05-16-2024, 08:48 PM   #647
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So, we leave Saturday for a 2-week trip to the UK (mainly). We intended for just a 9-10 day trip to save a week in October for another trip (the plan was a western SD/ND driving tour), but my wife is having hip abductor surgery in mid-June and will be non-weight-bearing for 6-8 weeks and recovering for the better part of 4-6 months, so we decided to scrap that trip, extend the upcoming trip, and start fresh in 2025.

We're doing 4 nights in London, a 4-night cruise out of Southampton to Netherlands and Belgium, back to Heathrow following disembarkation and a tour of Stonehenge and Windsor for a flight to Dublin, and then 3 full days in Dublin before returning home. Not sure which part I'm more excited for. Never been to the UK or Europe. Used points for most of the flights/hotels, paid for the cruise and a few tours we're going to do. Similar MO to our trip to NZ/Australia in February but with a short cruise thrown in.

The plan is to continue accumulating a stash of points over the rest of the year or so for use in 2025/2026. We may have a wedding to plan/pay for late 2025 and a graduation trip for our younger daughter about this time in 2026 so that's the focus for now. We're deciding what we can squeeze in for 2025 for just us.

Any advice from those who've been to London/Dublin?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote