View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:34 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vikramavardhana is the ruling monarch of my kingdom. Mataram does not strike fear into any of our enemies. Neither does Vikramavardhana, for that matter.

My father died yesterday of old age. The Javan weather can keep a man alive for a long time. With food from the sea and shore alike, we are a people wealthy in life and good living.

But we know what is coming. We only speak of it at night, over a fire, when our tongues are loosened by drink.

Mataram cannot long last this way.

The winds are changing. Our Islamic neighbors rattle their spears, the mainland is a monsoon of war, threatening to pull everybody in against their will.

How long will Mataram last this way?

My father understood that. It was no mistake when he was appointed Chief Advisor to the throne.

And now, I an Chief Advisor upon my father's death. My father opened our Monarch's eyes to the truth of our situation. It is my job to guide him through it.

I have decided upon Mataram's goals, both short term and long term. They are:

1). Quickly expand. Either by colonization or conquest. Or a mixture of the two.

2). Establish economic stability.

3). Eliminate the Islamic competition in the Indies.

4). Establish an outpost on the mainland. This will have to be done by conquest.

5). Control all of Indonesia.

6). Drive out and keep out any forces or establishments from other areas, including Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.

7). Convert the Islamic territories to Hinduism.

8). Become an economic superpower.

Those are my goals for Mother Mataram. It is time to begin. We have much work to do before i can sleep.

The winds are changing.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote