View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 04:45 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February 1, 1445 - I decided to spend our annual income on soldiers this year, instead of colonizing. Both Makassar and Brunei have been shored up. Makassar is down to a 2% monthly revolt risk.

April 14, 1445 - After building those soldiers, my Minister of War tells me that we have:

Makassar: 6959 Infantry, 1992 Calvary
Brunei: 5385 Infanrty, 3452 Calvary
Sunda: 990 Infantry

A decent military for our provinces. I'd like to eventually have an army on Java, maybe in Sunda or Jakarta.

August 4, 1445 - We receive a Gift to the State from a merchant or nobleman. It's 100 ducats. I immediately consult my Minister of Colonization about the options that still remain in Indonesia. Here is his report:

Jambi: Below Atjeh, Grain, 4000 Natives, Medium Hostility, 40% likely to succeed

Palembang: South Atjeh Isle, Spice, 8000 Natives, Medium Host., 40%

Bandung: Java Isle, Cotton, 15000 High Host, 53%

Sarawak: West Brunei, Naval Supplies, 5000 Extremely High Hostility, 32%

Bandjarmasin: Southwest Brunei, Spice, 8000 High, 36%

Selatan: Southeast Brunei, Chinaware, 10000 Medium, 40%

Manado: North Makassar, Spice, 6000 High, 40%

Sumbawa: Isles east of Bali, Coffee, 1000 Medium, 48%

Plus we can continue to settle Sunda or Kalimantan.

After reviewing my options, I narrow it down to Sumbawa, Jambi, Palembang or Selatan. Each has just medium hostility, with at least a 40% chance of initial settling.

Of those, I like Selatan and Palembang for their products. Chinaware is one of the more rare and vauable exports out there. I also need Jambi's grain, although it will not be the most ecnomic area to colonize. Still, for this area, I have to hold Jambi sooner or later.

Grain helps us to have a larger military. We have to settle it, and I send a colonist there. This time, strategy takes precedence over economics.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote