View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:27 PM   #133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Moving Into a New Era

April 1, 1750 - I order a Goods Manufactory in Bundelkhand.

April 12, 1750 - Tibet has annexed Assam.

May 8, 1750 - I send a State Gift to Tibet. Our relations have improved tremendously.

June 12, 1750 - Tibet and Mataram enter into a Royal Marriage.

June 27, 1750 - Columbia expands. We dispatch more colonists to the province.

January 26, 1751 - Columbia expands and more settlers are enroute.

March 14, 1751 - Another failed attempt to convert the heretics in Cambodia.

March 23, 1751 - A wonderful thing has happened today! We have had a Boundary Dispute with Bengal. I have chosen to Press the Issue. We gain a Casus Belli against Bengal for 5 years! Our stability also drops, and we'll need to repair that.

I don't know whether or not we'll use the CB, but I suspect that we will.

April 25, 1751 - The rebels in Cambodia have been destroyed.

August 21, 1751 - Columbia has again expanded. More colonists set sail from Bali's harbor.

September 6, 1751 - I have decided to set up Trading Posts all throughout the Northern Reaches. Today I have sent our traders to Barabinsk, Demianka, and Balakhta.

November 1, 1751 - Our stabilty increased back up.

Odisa is rebelling.

November 24, 1751 - We have defeated Bengali rebels in Odisa.

January 27, 1752 - We have established Trading Posts in Demianka and Barabinsk, but not in Balakhta.

March 21, 1752 - Columbia has expanded and become a small city.

Columbia:

A small fur trading province above Nehalem and below Olympia, the 727 people of this port send us 15 ducats and create 7 in Nehalem in trade.

I order a Tax Collector placed in Columbia.

I send traders to Irtych and Altai.

April 1, 1752 - We now a have Goods Manufactory in Bundelkhand.

June 23, 1752 - Corruption in our government has increased inflation 10%. To combat this, I order governors placed in:

The Northern Reaches:

Krasnoyarsk, Kalar and Vanin

In Indies:

Riau, Bandung, Sumbawa, Flores, Sulawesi

In India:

Gondwana, Berhampur

August 1, 1752 - We still have 1% corruption after all of the governors have been placed, so I send an additional one to Yukon.

August 16, 1752 - We have failed to set up Trading Posts in both Irtych and Altai.

I order colonists to Niassa, which has 705 colonists and declining.

September 8, 1752 - The natives in Ob have attacked our colony there and damaged the settlement.

I order troops built in Angara.

October 25, 1752 - Colonists have been ordered to Irtych.

December 12, 1752 - Niassa expands.

January 11, 1753 - Colonists are dispatched to Altai.

April 16, 1753 - Irtych colonists do not take.

June 14 - 1753 - Colonization to Altai has again failed.

July 12, 1753 - I order another trader to Irtych.

September 8, 1753 - Cantonments have been established in Amgoun, thus increasing the manpower there.

I order walls built in Columbia.

December 7, 1753 - We have established a Trading Post in Irtych. I order colonists to the Copper Mines of Semipalatinsk and traders to Tchany.

December 27, 1753 - I send Russia a State Gift. Our relations improve somewhat.

January 27, 1754 - I send another State Gift to Russia. Our relations have enormously improved.

May 7, 1754 - We have established a Trading Post in Tchany.

May 19, 1754 - Mataram has founded a colony in Semipalatinsk. Since we are adjacent to Russia here, I have decide to try and develop Semipalatinsk as quickly as possible. I order in more colonists.

June 4, 1754 - Russia has invited us to join their alliance with Saxony. They are at war with Sibir and the Ottomans.

Since Sibir is now just a one province state, I have no compunction gong to war with them. And we are far removed for the Ottomans and their troops.

So, basically, the question is, do I want to join an alliance with Russia? They will wage war, I am sure, against the mightiest nations in Europe. However, while Russia is next to us, they might strike at any tim,e at our colonies here. Russia has a permanent Casus Belli against us becuase they have a legitmate claim to the land of some of our colonies.

Therefore, an alliance with Russia would keep them off our back, at least for a while, when we would have enough time set up our defenses.

Yet, I am certain that if we were to dlcare war upon Bengal during our alliance, I am sure that Russia would dishonor our alliance, and hurt our relations.

So, what to do? What is Mataram's priority?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote