View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 11:13 AM   #1
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Exclamation Screamin' Seamen FC - A Hattrick Dynasty

Screamin’ Seamen Football Club

The story thus far…

(AP – Chicago, IL: August 5th, 2002): Self-made millionaire and philanthropist Data King held a press conference earlier today, at which he announced the formation of the Screamin’ Seamen Football Club. The SSFC will be formed over the next few weeks, and will participate in the world-wide Hattrick (www.hattrick.org) club soccer organization. Financial terms were not disclosed, but it was also announced that construction had begun on The Docks, the 10,000-seat stadium at which the Screamin’ Seamen would play their home games.

King announced that he will act as General Manager for the club, as well as maintaining sole ownership of the organization. In order to provide on-the-field experience, he announced that 49-year-old Ken Brown had accepted the position of head coach for the team. Brown is a man held in pretty decent regard amongst American soccer experts. Although his leadership skills are sometimes held in question, he is known to lend a sympathetic ear to player concerns, has a great deal of experience, and prefers to play a strong defensive game on the pitch.

Season #1 (Hattrick Season 17) Overview

The Screamin’ Seamen met with an astounding level of success in their first season, winning 13 of their 14 league matches, and recording a draw in the other match. The team was rewarded with $175,000 in prize money from various sources, as well as promotion to the United States’ 4th Division (more on this later). The money was immediately invested into The Docks, and in the off-season this facility was expanded to hold 17,350 Screamin’ fans.

Author’s Note: It is at this point where we pick up the tale of the Screamin’ Seamen Football Club. Like the dynasty reports that Illinifan and ArdentEnthusiast are running, this is based off of the exploits of my team in the web-based soccer management game, Hattrick. I will give a brief overview of the game as a whole, then the state of SSFC at the beginning of their second season (Hattrick Season 18). At the time of this writing, the season is a couple of weeks old. I will attempt to get caught up with the state of the game, and will then update this dynasty report once or twice a week, as time permits.

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I am certain to enjoy writing it. I will do my best to make it enjoyable for Hattrickers and non-Hattrickers alike. And if any of you have questions about the game, please feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to share what little wisdom I have acquired about the game over the past few months. But don’t expect me to give away all of my secrets.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote