View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 09:57 PM   #179
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In from the sideline comes Castleberry; out goes Jordan.

The call? Pro right doubles left H3 motion, X rub slant.

Basically calling for Everett to rub his defender off by running underneath the fly patterns of Castleberry and the motioning Brewster.

We break the huddle; Everett and Castleberry head left, Kolodzik tigh right. Brewster lines up to the left of me, Prescott to the right. With a lift of my heel, Brewster heads over toward the receivers. The defense, already out of postion in an 8 man front, sends a ILB to cover Brewster.

I take the snap and drop back. Both Kolodzik and Prescott stay in to help block. Everett runs underneath his teammates and catches the ball in stride. It's 20 yards before he's finally taken down.

1st and 10 at the 17. Option left, but the defense stuffs Brewster for no gain. A screen to Mason on the next play nets 13 and gives us a 1st and goal at the 4.

We call option right and the end crashes down on me. Mason is the pitch man, but he's smothered by a blitzing linebacker for a loss of 2. Ball on the 6, and Brewster gets 2 up the middle. Back on the 4, this time 3rd down. We run a rare counterplay, but it gets the touchdown; thanks to the great blocking of Prescott. Alston adds the XP and we've got 30 points.

Looks like I'll have a short day after all.

8:07 left in the 3rd; 30-0 UT