View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 12:30 AM   #242
Poli
FOFC Survivor

After a touchback, Florida goes 3 and out for what would be the final time of the game. The 38 yard punt is returned by Brewster for 14 yards to the Florida 46.

Coach Fulmer apparently isn't done just yet. 3:11 still on the clock.

Mason takes a counter over the left side for a yard. Play action results in an incomplete, as I was rushed into throwing early.

3rd and 9, and we go to the motion offense. Brewster goes in motion and catches the ball on an out route. He turns upfield, gaining the 1st and 2 more yards as well.

1st and 10, ball on the 34, time is ticking. Brewster goes out, in comes Mason. Mason goes in motion. The snap, Everett pulls up on a curl route. Mason streaks underneath him and up the field. I hit him in stride with a duck that he holds on to for a gain of 23 yards.

Cheers erupt from the crowd as Coach Fulmer sends in Neal Schneider. I'm fairly certain they're for the great game I've played, and not for the fact Neal is getting some PT.

That's what I'm going to believe, anyway.

1st and 10 at the 11. Mason takes a pitch left for 1 yard. He then goes up the middle for 2. 3rd and 7. Schneider takes the snap and lobs the ball into the endzone for Castleberry, but it falls short of the target.

Alston comes in and hits the FG, a 25 yarder.

You never know, in a game like this, you may need that later on. Beware of those 52 point comebacks in 52 seconds.

After another touchback, the Florida offense comes out and runs the ball for one play and that kills the rest of the clock.

Final score: Tennessee 55, Florida 3.

And I'm living the dream.