View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 06:53 AM   #24
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19
Merchantmen Versus Giants Recap
Randy Harris improved his reputation in the league, leading the Merchantmen to a 31-27 victory by running for 3 touchdowns on his 95 yards day. But MVP honours went to quarterback Justin McDavid, who completed 19 of 27 passes for 234 yards and a score. Another fine show came from Bryce Ewald, who's 123 yards on 7 catches marked a top performance and Dennis Preciado, who defended 7 passes from the opponent, including 3 in consecutive plays, and who returned 5 kickoffs for a total of 120 yards. On the day, the Merchantmen defense stept up once again, allowing just 1 offensive touchdown and 2 fieldgoals, the remaining 14 points came from interception and fumble returns. This victory marked the first in the team's history leaguewide and at home. Amazingly enough, the Merchantmen are now favoured to beat Columbus next Sunday by 1 point, but the management urges fans not to be optimistic too early in the season.

That was an exciting game. I thought I had turned it around with that fumble return by my defensive end.