View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 12:52 PM   #79
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Grant
I never liked Elton John either, and although he has written some of my most disliked tunes of all time (like "I'm Still Standing") I think he generally wrote much better material than Joel. !

Actually I believe Billy Joel has written almost all of his material, and if I am not mistaken Elton John has not written any of his. I don't really care if people write their own stuff but if it going to be the arguement against Joel than someone has to defend him.

On a side note a friend of mine is in a pretty successful cover band and I keep trying to give him advice on cool songs to cover. (The Police, Pink Floyd, The Who, etc) He always blows me off and says it isn't what people want to hear. Well one night I got excited when I heard them covering the Monkee's "I'm a believer" and the Who's "I can't explain" and then I come to find out later they are just pop remakes by no talent assclowns. I have caught on to his schtick now. Is it same to assume "The Boys of Summer" has been remade by someone recently?

Last edited by panerd : 03-30-2004 at 12:53 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote