View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 04:45 PM   #156
wade moore
lolzcat

The "micro-management" is something I think most of us hardcore FOFCers really LOVE to do in reality though... The problem is, in SP there really is no "pay-off" like I said... For me at least, a dynasty is the only way I could even keep myself remotely interested in game-to-game happenings, versus big picture things. In otherwords, with a dynasty I somewhat cared about game to game results whereas without the dynasty I just looked at my tanding, whether I made the playoffs, and how I did in the playoffs. The reason the big picture was all that was important is because no matter what I did in the "micro-management" in SP, I knew I would win 75% of my games most of the time anyways because my roster would always be better. Now you know that you have 31 gm's against you that are all better at player management than the CPU is.

So, my point being, picking the guy that will throw 4 less bad passes a game as long as the OL is healthy matters now. It could make the difference between having the ball 30:00 during the game versus 35:00. That 5:00 could make the difference on whether your oppenent has the time for the 4th quarter comeback to win the game by 1 point this week...

I think you see my point, i hope... the slow-pace and micro-management would not make you look at your team closer if you were going against the cpu, but against human gm's it does and that is what MP is all about...

On another note, I really feel like I'm at a distinct disadvantage with my CFL team in making some of the analysis that you are. I took over the team in season two right after the last exhibition game and before the first regular season game. I feel like I do not have a true feel on how they performed last year. In addition, I was not able to manipulate the pre-season as you have. In fact, my top two picks were not even signed until after regular season game 1 so I could not see them at all. So, I look forward to actually DOING roster management and pre-season games.... although, there is a unique challenge to attempting to win with "somebody else's" team... I know a little more how new NFL coaches feel when they have to make do with what they have.

Interested to see how the TE decision is made... not just what the decision is, but the Dynasty posting gives a unique view into WHY the decision was made which is why I wish everyone did dynasties for their MP teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote