View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 01:15 PM   #207
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
My reasoning is this:

He has 9 hurries and 2.5 sacks. So that means 11.5 pass plays that he directly caused bad results on, and you gotta figure the presense of him there changes the way the pass plays are run.

It goes to the idea that some sacks are caused by good coverage, but also that int's/bad passes are sometimes caused by good pass rush.

Make sense?
Yes, it does, thanks.
I agree, Gomez (and Wells) are a big part of this defense doing so well as of yet. Though, the big test are still to come, when QBs like Joe Johnson (Bordeaux), Jamie Canter (Chesapeake), Wayne Christopherson (Orlando) and 'Aces' Glenn (Conyers) are up as opponents.
Aces Glenn, however, we held him to 96 yards and his total offense to 163 yards and 17 points (2 fumble return TDs!) last season. Yes, we lost that game, Fumblin Justin made 4 fumbles...

I'm almost starting to believe in the latest stories at NFL.com about teams investing in a pass rush as being the second most important thing after a good quarterback, it works in FOF as well...

And, it's not like my team hasn't invested in that already, 13% of the cap for 1 DE and 1 DT is a lot of money.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote