View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 03:49 PM   #70
QuikSand
lolzcat

Pritchett is a strange case. I drafted him in the third round in 2009, and he immediately showed some signs of tailing off -- usually, this tells me that the player doesn't have much real upside and I cool on using him too much. So, while he was usually on the active roster, he didn't realy make much of a splash for this first four seasons - returning some punts, but only starting in two games that whole time, and only getting about 350 yards over four seasons.

Then, in 2013, we had a series of shifts in our personnel (I think it was Leonard Drake's injury, Derrick Barrere being switched to flanker by my staff, and nominal starting SE Frank Dotson getting hurt for the whole season) which catapulted Pritchett into a starting role. And he really delivered - out of nowhere, a 1,447-yard season with 10 TDs! The following season, I benched Dotson just to keep Pritchett in as the starter, and he posted another 1,000-yard effort.

However, in 2015, Dotson won the job back, and Pritchett went back to a punt returner/reserve receiver, for the most part. Pritchett ended up with 25 starts over the next four years, but never topped 1,000 yards again.

Pritchett isn't a strong HOF candidate, despit that one great season: only 5,364 receiving yards and 33 TDs. Our better candidates from the roster would have to be Derrick Barrere (13 seasons, 9,516 yards, 67TD) who spent his whole career with us, or a guy like Leland Fielder (13 seasons, 10,118 yards, 62 TD) who finished his career elsewhere. The best guy we ever had, of course, was Leonard Drake (10 seasons, 7,103 yards, 39 TD), but a serious injury after his seventh season cut his career too short. Drake was coming off a 1285-yard season in 2010 as Copeland's favorite target when he suffered the blown knee that eventually rendered him useless.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote