View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 10:02 AM   #78
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Storm
Sadly that's the modus operandi for FoF. If you allow your coach to set the depth charts and don't turn that option off before training camp, it switches players left and right. While mostly just annoying (and partly nice in case of lightweight defensive linemen...) it's just bad if it changes a RT to LT who proceeds to loose several points of ability (present and future).
probably not just imo this shouldn't be linked to the depth charts setting option but rather to the "sign players to roster"-option.

I agree with this, generally, and have been watching the situation.

The AI makes changes right after/during training camp, it seems - based on your current depth chart balance. If you have three left tackles and no rigt tackles, it's prtty likely to switch your second-best left tackle to right tackle -- and yes, this seems to be connected to the "depth chart" setting, rather than the "sign players" setting (I agree that I'd rather this wasn't the case).

However, the good thing is that these AI-initiated position switches are, in every single case that I have seen, painless switches. You don't see guys taking the hits in current and potential ratings like you would if you were making the same switches manually. So, that at least eliminates the much bigger downside in my mind.

Plus, the few times I have tried it, when I have noticed a switch like this that I didn't want to go ahead with, I have been able to immediately undo the switch, and this is also a penalty-free switch. So, that new RT that I'd rather keep listed as a LT -- I can switch him reight back manually and he wil retain all the exact same ratings.

I'm pretty sure this is true acros the board -- but feel free to experiment. Indeed, this might be something of a "backdoor" to making position switches that you might want, but are afraid to do because you don't want the player to suffer a ratings loss - there are possibilities here.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote