View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 04:59 AM   #294
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
You will be better off having Lyon take the snaps. I know Fumblin Justin was winning games, but the rookie can only get better by playing now.

(Unless Jim's coded in some "clipboard" bonus points for benching rookie QB's!)
McDavid was maturing almost twice as fast as Lyon actually.
I am still not too sold on Lyon, but now that McDavid will be out for 1½ season and possibly will never be as good as projected, Lyon will have enough opportunity to get playing time and get in shape for the 2006 and 2007 season (when I have planned to be GM of a winning team).

Oh well, the next six games will form an excellent set of tests against very strong teams, one or two little weaker teams and teams with different styles of defenses.

I am concerned about LT Harold Hurtado and WR Gregory Monti. Both are key players for Lyon's success, they are the obvious leader of the OL and Lyon's favorite target (Lyon has affinity with Monti).
I've been lucky with injuries so far, I think, until the injury of McDavid.
But then, I start to realize that both my starting WRs had a hit on their potentials by injuries, by OL leader is a bit too much injured and my secondary leader won't play until we meet Chesapeake.

(BTW, time to write the "Why Leonard Lyon is called The Lion" story? Somehow I think it doesn't need explanation with his first and last names...)

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-21-2004 at 05:02 AM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote