View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 01:15 PM   #347
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager notes
Well, I've been announcing a big move coming up for the free agency period, but today I was notified by the league commishioner that I am advised not to make my big move. Even though it sounds as a little bummer, I will go with the advise and spend the coming weeks on working out my off-season plans to improve the Merchantmen roster and write scenarios of what to do with the upcoming draft.

One thing on today's addition of five players, I have good hopes that some, if not all will be willing to remain on our roster for the 2006 season as backups, which explains the reason for signing them now. Of the five signed, Tong will be likely playing as our #3 cornerback, Halas will be the #4 receiver. DT Fyie, LT Myers and TE Ohare look like playable backups, but with them being unfamiliar with the system, it's too risky to play any of them now.

Something else to note, the game plan for the Paris game has been drastically changed to try some new pass defense schemes. The good things is that if it works, we've found something to build on for the future. If it fails, we'll be losing a game and end up 6-10 as planned, so there won't be much lost. Although, what's interesting to know is that for league standards we can still end up as high as #8 on the draft order or as low as #15. With all but one traded away, our draft picks will increase in value if we win.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote