College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Defensive coaches:
Coordinator - MikeVick
DL coach/scout - Quiksand
LB coach/scout - Vegas Vic
DB coach/scout - Tredwell

Greetings from the defense recruiter. When you get a chance, please post or PM your general philosophy and skill preferences for your respective positions. Here are my own general biases as a starting point (note that I won't stick to these once I learn yours - it's just a starting point):

DT: Run-stuffers are much more of a priority. Average or better ratings consistency is a nice advantage but not critical. Athletic prep is quite significant.

DE: Balanced skills are especially nice, but pass-rushing takes priority. Athletic prep is quite significant.

ILB: Run defense is key. Pass-rushing and INT are minor priorities.

OLB: I think this is a particularly important position to know what you want to do with each targeted player.

CB: I love man coverage skill. Return skills are a bonus. Seems like you can get away with lower athletic prep at CB (at least moreso than other positions).

S: I particularly love high ratings consistency safeties, but any safety with poor run/man/zone skills is a liability.

WSU...I'm pretty much right there with you as well.

DE and DT's - our thinking is pretty much dead-on and it looks like Quik is there too.

ILB's - Again...yes the #1 thing I look for is the ability to defend the run.

OLB's - I'm just a fan of the 4-3...so I always look for my SOLB to be good in defending the run and also have good cover skills. For my WOLB...I just look for a guy that can blitz the QB as his main attribute.

CB's - I like man cover skills as well. I had visions of trying to incorporate some kinda zone blitz package when this thing first started. Now I don't know how effective that would be in this game as I've never tried it before...so I guess any input from anyone here who has tried it would be more than welcomed.

S - I like to find a true SS and FS. SS would be strong in run defense...that would be his strongest attribute. And the FS would be strong in coverage skills...MtoM or Zone. If you let the cpu select your starting lineup for you it always seems to put the Safety with the strongest Run Defense skills in the FS spot...does anyone know why this is? It seems backwards to me.

But it looks like we're on the same page so far.