View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004, 05:05 PM   #478
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Post training camp report
Training camp is over and the team is headed for the 2006 season. A little positional preview.

Quarterback
QB Louie Flannery - Flannery had a great camp and gained a lot of experience to be the #1.
QB Fumblin' Justin McDavid - Well, what can I say more then that he's out all year?
QB Shane Bower - He's as good as Flannery, but less potential makes him #2.
QB Mel Atkins - Believe it or not, Mel is not out of the race, this ain't a simple holder.
QB Jason McKnight - McKnight is breaking out, but his potential is insufficient to stay.

Running back
RB Randy Harris - This guy doesn't need introduction, he's our all downs back.
RB Jonathan Smith - Still getting better and a worthy backup running back.
RB Kennedy Colwell - Similiar to Montoya, a better receiver, one might be cut.
RB Kyle Montoya - Similiar to Colwell, much better in finding holes, one might be cut.

Fullback
FB Jamel Rosenberry - Mark Burger? Rosenberry is the new guy and he's just as good.
FB Doug Nelson - I think this is what they call a bust. Nelson should fear for his job.
FB Charles Reuter - He didn't get much better and the preseason is no guarantee.

Tight end
TE Jim Reiser - Reiser is fully developed, it's time to make him our top receiver.
TE Charlie Martins - Maybe not good enough to be the #2 guy, but he is our long snapper.
TE Jack Ohare - Had to improve a lot to make the 53-men, right now he's 50-50.

Wide receiver
SE Bryce Ewald - If only he got open more often, he'd be an amazing target for our passer.
FL Gregory Monti - Still struggling to get open, great to have for the short passing game.
FL David Henkel - Has trouble to get open, his big play ability will make him a great #3.
SE Devin Henson - It's good to have such a talented kick returner, as a wideout he sucks.
FL Lonnie O'Reilley - I like this guy's stats, but only his returning skills can save him.
SE Matt Offord - Won't ever get open, but is a breakout guy who returns punts well.
SE Mario Halas - I liked his potential as a #4 receiver, until his personalty ruined it.
SE Andre Horning - Another kickoff returner and a guy who should be able to get open.

Center
C Brant Heinrich - Clearly he won't be a top 10 or even top 20 guy, but he can play.
C Ernie Taylor - Of course he was too good to be true for the pick, he ain't a total bust.
C Tom Schwartz - Was close to being cut, now his cohesion value could save him.

Guard
LG Butch White - One year of starting and this guy is a top run blocker.
RG Timothy Lacy - Like White is a year away from the elite, yet his low stamina scares me.
RG Eric Dietrich - Far from start-worthy, but he has good potential and will make it.
RG Jeramy Thompson - Seems to not be a mentor to guards, his two AOC titles are for real.

Tackle
LT Harold Hurtado - If only he was a little bit better of a pass protector...
RT Wilson Grimaldo - Still the best player we have and he's got a year on the team now.
RT Russell Malave - A backup now, but he's our #1 backup on three offensive line spots.
LT Edgar Dunkin - If only he had endurance, he'd be a true contender for the LT job.

Punter
P Roscoe Corrales - Just a so-so punter, with the best hang time in the whole wide world.
P Lester Murrell - Has so much talent in directional punting, what Corrales clearly lacks.

Kicker
K Cary Coles - Helped us out at times and is pretty reliable on short kicks, mostly.
K Al Bettis - Won't hit the 50+ yarders, but his kickoff skills are so much better.

Defensive End
LE Albert Bernardo - Will get the tough job to play in Harold Wells' spot, sacking he can.
RE Scot Dick - I think he needs a workout trainer, or has to play in a rotation system.
RE Omar Gougeon - Hardly has any experience, but I'll gladly give him a starting job.
RE Richard Stutz - He has potential, but I doubt he'll ever reach it, not here that is...
LE Junior McKeehan - Kept around a long time to develop, still limited as a run stopper.

Defensive Tackle
LT Charles Gomez - Needs no introduction, Gomez is our defensive anchorman up front.
RT John Bryant - Underestimated by talent, yet put down good stats on this defense.
NT Andy Weliczka - Weliczka is breaking out as a very promising run stopper.
LT Stanley Jacke - Has been a guy with decent potential coming in and going out too.
NT Bryan Fyie - Has the potential, but I'm not sure yet whether we'll keep five tackles.

Inside Linebacker
MLB Cody Cluff - He's 2 years away from being the league's best run stopping middle back.
WILB Carl Meier - The leader of the front seven can do it all a bit and do it all day.
MLB Matt Sellers - He's so talented and a cool name, but only makes it if we've got room.
WILB Kenneth Field - He's a breakout, but can't stop the run of do the zone defense, bye.

Outside Linebacker
WLB Mike Kershner - I have so good hopes for this guy, I even hired a mentor for him.
SLB Ellsworth Thelen - I need to find a way to make him our premier pass rusher.
WLB Josh Weisberg - Will be great to have playing when not having to pass defense.
SLB Karl Mercer - Has some interesting all around potential to be a worthy backup.
WLB Sam Sasa - Postponing excecution is what it is, postponing is over, good luck, Sam.

Cornerback
LCB Tai Wayne - Oh yeah, the league screems for a shutdown corner, we've got our guy here!
LCB Gus Stoffers - Has room to grow and is signed long term, will be a good bud to Tai.
LCB Dennis Preciado - Father Time is calling for Preciado, he won't be starting anymore.
RCB Johnnie Stidham - We lost him once, it won't happen twice, he's got starter potential.
RCB Myron Stevens - Well, he can't do much, except that what he's got to do, that is.
LCB Desmond Craig - With his nose for interceptions, I really want to keep this dime back.
LCB Gus Alston - Will be great for cohesion, but time to seperate ways is here now.

Safety
SS Lincoln Gilmore - I won't give up on him ever again, this is our big guy in the back.
FS Richard Muller - He's still learning, but is really exploiting his endurance to excel.
FS John Cole - Not the best run stopper, but his potential in other areas is pretty good.
SS Lamar Singleton - Can't support the run, but other then that he's got potential.
FS Bernard Buffington - This guy broke out and will be hot trade ware as bump and runner.
SS Norman Mueller - Has some experience, but even his punt returning can't save him.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote