Thread: Pushing to 300
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 05:43 AM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

I'll follow this, i started 2 months ago to workout too. 10 years ago i was getting ready to enter in the military officers academy and i was really addicted to the gym,. getting pretty big on that years. Now i have come back after 10 years not doing any sport and with fat where i had muscles before. The first month was terrible, all my body hurting but now i'm growing fast and recovering my shape (i'm still far from where i was). I suposse you're talking about press bench, when i was in full shape my max for 10 repetitions was . Two months ago when i started i benched 110 pounds for 10 repetitions, now i'm benching 155 pounds and my goal to beat for 10 repetitions is 200pounds that was my max on full shape 10 years ago when i was 19 (i'm 29 now).
I read some time ago about muscles having "memory" and that once you have workedout hard in the past, when you try it again later, you grow faster than a guy who is doing it for first time. I can realize now that it sees true, i'm getting in shape much faster than when i was 19. Now i need to also increase running and cycling as i need to lose the fast that covers my growing muscles. Of course all this i talk is being natural, just with a good diet and workouts.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote