View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 02:37 AM   #27
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Wild Card Round
Atlanta 10-6 @ Washington 10-6
We both come into this game with some rather significant injuries on our teams. Washington has made it to the playoffs in spite of some rather interesting stats. They have one of the NFL's worst rushing defenses, and they have one of the NFL's worst passing defenses. One would think this means they have one of the NFL's worst scoring defenses, right? Wrong. They are actually 8th in points allowed. A big reason why is because they are second best in the league at causing turnovers. But if we just make sure that we hold onto the ball we should be able to win this game. We are favored by 4.

Our QB had a forgettable day. 3 ints and 2 fumbles spelled our doom, 13-6. For the second season in a row, we are out in the first round of the playoffs. Nixon picked up just 65 yards in the loss.

Post Season review

Well we accomplished all three of my goals, to win 9 games, make the playoffs, and to pick up 1500 yards rushing for Nixon. Leland actually finished the season with 1709 yards (1st) and 16 TD (1st) on 473 (1st) carries. His average of 3.6 yards per carry was a bit disappointing, but not unexpected. He fumbled the ball a league high 13 times.

St. Louis went on with defeat Cleveland in the Super Bowl by a score of 21-20.

Atlanta had just one player make the All-pro team, Guard Sammy Delgado.

While it may look like this team made no improvement over last year, I know that that is not accurate. This team has come quite a long way, and I think that we will be able to build upon this year's success to make next season's team even better.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote