View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 01:19 AM   #253
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Atkins feeds the ball to Smyth with a great through ball.. Smyth runs into the box and gets it.. he dribbles left once.. shoots the sharp angle.. towards the right corner.. hits the post... and it bounces out. Keeper pounces on it.

24 minute mark: Farrell gets the ball in the right corner of the box after a long kick from Scarsella... he dribbles right.. shoots for the left post.. misses just wide.

32 minute mark: O'Brien takes a hard shot from 15 yards center of the box... Scarsella easily saves it.

0-0 at the half.

52 minute mark: Steve Brodie dribbles it into the box.. shoots to the upper left corner.. hits the post.. Black clears it up the field.. Farrell races to it.. he dribbles up the right sideline.. crosses to Smyth.. Smyth heads it towards the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0

67 minute: Realizing I could be hurting the team if it goes into extra time, I do it anyway. I sub in 2 guys... Wood for Curtis and Turley for Smyth.

79 minute mark: Black makes a last minute tackle on O'Brien.. saving a good shot at goal.

81 minute mark: Fox feeds the ball into the box to Turley.. Turley beats his man.. gets to the ball.. shoots.. the keeper deflects it.. the defender clears the ball before it can trickle across the goal.

82 minute mark: Hunter who is exhausted leaves the pitch. Kelly slides to the MC slot. Dunning come in at left wing.

I enter turtle mode for the last 10 minutes and prevent any good scoring opportunities.

1-0 final!!

We outshot them 12-10

Atkins wins MoM (not bad for a "tired" guy) 9 for form, 44 of 58 passes, 4 of 8 tackles, 3 of 3 headers, 2 passes intercepted, 2 runs.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote