View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #662
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
MIJB,

I have to wonder if some of this is people getting more savvy on MP... At first I think we all reacted that no one would release good players, so we had to trade... I think it is getting more 'realistic' in that some of us are having to release good players because we cannot get the value we want out of them...

The Torpedoes may have to do the same...
I think you have a point there.

I might have the best FAs when released, but others might think so too.

What makes me puzzled is that I got stupid to add up to 70 names I liked and now I got to give up on a few, including 5th round picks. And, although I expected to have to cut a guy or three from those 5th round picks, I don't like seeing the value getting lost.

I never understood why NFL teams would release guys all the time and not try to give them a job elsewhere and get some value in return. Now, I see it's a simple case of people all liking the guys they have and only if the guy available is a big upgrade, they will take him.

Right now, I actaully think I can see why and I think I should feel lucky to be able to trade guys for even a 7th rounder.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote