View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #361
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
That seems a bit extreme, IMO. I know we want an accurate representation of MLB, but this isn't what most people like about the MLB! I want the bad teams to be good occasionally - is there no AI Billy Beane feature?! I don't want to play a game where the only time a small market team wins is when I am running the team.

I see enough of the Yankees in real life as it is - part of the fun of playing a career sim oriented game is to see things happen in the future that may not happen in real life. If the Yankees are going to have 59 titles by the year 2030, what's the point? I'd prefer to see something like what we see in TCY, where the football powerhouses of today gradually fall off and 20 years down the road, FSU is looking up at Duke in the standings (just in the game, please!).
Probably a personal prefernce, because that's the one thing I *hate* about TCY (although I love the game overall). I want the traditional powers to remain virtually static through the game, so that I can measure myself against them. In my Alabama career, UGA and LSU have dropped off significantly, and it just isn't right. Those should be *BIG* games, every single year. Similarly, if I'm running a Mogul team, I'm not interested in facing Seattle, Kansas City, Oakland, or anyone like that in the World Series. I love having to measure myself against the Mets, Dodgers, and Yankees every year. The other thing it does is create a "natural" difficulty level or challenge. You want to sign virtually FA you need and not worry about finances? Play with the Yankees. You want to have to play Small Ball? Play with the Brewers. You want something in between? Frisco, St. Louis, and Washington are all good mid-range options.