View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:22 AM   #368
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
How about with middle market teams, at least - are you seeing some movement, in terms of a correlation between playing well, an increase in fan support, and increased payrolls? Or, is everyone just stuck where they start the game for all of eternity? Even if you accept the NYs and LAs of the league, there's room in there for the Seattles and Atlantas to rise and fall. I just want a little variety - I don't want the standings for 2005 to largely resemble the standings for 2035, with the only variable being my brain's positive affect on whatever team I happen to be running.
OK. I talked about Atlanta in the post above, but here's a look at Seattle over 30 seasons (2005-2034):

Fewest Wins: 73
Most Wins: 106
Lowest Revenue: $85.8M
Highest Revenue: $106.8M
Playoff Appearances: at least 14 (The way the team history is written, if a team is the Wild Card and loses in the first round, it only shows "2nd Place" as their finish. However, they had three seasons of 90+ wins and 2nd place finishes. I'm guessing they made the playoffs at least one or two of those seasons.)
World Championships: 1

They finished fourth twice, 3rd 6 times, and 1st or 2nd the other 22 seasons.