View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 07:08 PM   #459
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Before you do it, let me report in on a test I've got running. I changed the Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, and Angels to 10 million. (LA and Anaheim were at 16M). I was just looking haphazardly. Since it sounds like you're going to do it more carefully, I just stopped my siim right where it was, at 2070. After 65 seasons...
  • Yankees won 14 titles, 22 pennants, made playoffs 45 times, but still have some 3rd and 4th place finishes thrown in there
  • Yankees are on a really strong run right now: 6 titles in seven seasons, averaging nearly 120 wins during that run.
  • Houston actually made the playoffs more times than the Yanks: 46, but only 3 titles and 7 pennants
  • Florida, Milwaukee, and Tampa Bay never made the playoffs.
  • a total of 11 teams won 3 or more World Series
  • 16 different teams won it all
I didn't make any other changes other than lowering those three cities. Hope that helps with your more directed tests.

Actually my test was going to be basically the same thing. I decided to do a quick test of lowering the NY and LA teams and then raising Boston to the same regional population level. Over 20 seasons, the Yankees won 1 series and made the playoffs 6 times. The Red Sox won 5 series and made the playoffs 11 times. Initial results seems to indicate that someone could address some of the balance issues pretty easily by just adjusting the regional populations. I'm going to do a quick look through and try to balance the markets a little better and see what kind of results I get.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote