View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #466
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Olsen
When I was preparing my stadium database to be bundled with 2K6, I noticed that two fields had been added since I first compiled the data. One of these fields is "Fan Base" but I don't know how it works. How far above or below average, maybe? For 2005 it has the Angels, Orioles, Reds, Indians, Brewers, A's, Pirates, and Blue Jays at -100; Boston: +400; Cubs: +150; White Sox and Royals: +100; Tigers, Marlins, Mets, Devil Rays, and Rangers: -200; Dodgers: -150; Twins: -50; Yankees: +200; Braves and Phillies: +50; Cardinals: +350. Everyone else is 0.

Also, every year has an entry and the game will have the capability to automatically import data at the start of every season, accounting for not only all dimension and capacity changes but changes to the fan base as well. Historic fan data is not in yet.

Jeff,

To me at appears as though they are multipliers to convert population to fan base. It makes the Yankees and Red Sox much bigger than their market's population would suggest while the Tigers, Marlins, Mets take a hit relative to their market.

I wonder if those values are overinflating the success of those teams with a large plus like New York and Boston. Especially if the Yankees +400 is based on the entire New York market. I think these values hold the key to protray market size and resources correctly to make sure the Yankees are not always the biggest resource team.