View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 10:23 AM   #281
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Duff crosses to Fletcher just outside the box.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

6 minute mark: Bentley gets a long pass from the keeper.. passes it to Niculae in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives.. it's past him.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

22 minute mark: Duff dribbles up the left sideline.. crosses to Fletcher.. who heads it to van Nistelrooy just outside the box.. he shoots an average powered shot.. upper left corner.. I watch in amazement as it sails past the keeper! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. Even first half. They have over 35,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Acosta gets a yellow card for tripping Mamam.

62 minute mark: Ruud is tired, I sub on Alan Smith for him.

75 minute mark: Duff is very tired, I sub Alfonso on for him.

81 minute mark: Fletcher with a long pass to Smith.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Saha racing to the rebound.. Riggott beats him to it and clears it.

86 minute mark: Lucio heads it to Saha at midfield.. he passes long to Smith.. Smith dribbling towards goal.. the keeper comes out to meet him.. he fires a shot.. past the keeper.. it sails inches wide left.

91 minute mark: Long pass to Smith in the right corner of the pitch.. Smith gets to it, crosses to Cook.. he shoots.. the keeper with a great save.

Game over. Disappointing 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 16-6 (7-5 on target)

Mamam won MoM, 9 for form, 18 of 22 passes, 5 of 6 tackles, 1 of 1 headers, 1 run, 1 foul drawn.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote