View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #23
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Ticket Prices and Tags

We raised ticket prices by $5 a seat. Coupled with a losing season, it may not have been the smartest thing to do, but our fan loyalty is at 100, and money is important these days in bidding for coaches. Our coaches deal is up at the end of this year.

Franchise tags were also announced. Let's see how my predictions held up. If nothing is written beside a name, I got it right:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
TE Crumpler (ATL)
S Minter (CAR)
QB Tucker (DAL) - Can't believe they let him walk. Cannot believe it.
QB Harrington (DET)
WR Driver (GB)
G Davis (HOU)
DE Freeney (IND) - They tagged T.O. instead, and let BOTH dynamite DE's hit the open market, where they want a fortune. Jeff said he'd give me stuff to criticize, and here is my first rip. Freeney had 41 hurries last year, and 15 sacks. That's 65 pass plays alone where he forced an incompletion or worse. And he's only in his 7th year. T.O. is in his 13th. Freeney does have injury problems, but a tag is safer than a longterm deal in that regard. If they want Freeney back, it's gonna cost a LOT. He is asking for 4 year, 51m to sign. Ouch.
QB Grier (KC) - Elected not to use the tag at all. Smart move not using it, I only predicted because they announced Grier would most likely start next season.
DE Taylor (MIA)
G Andruzzi (NE) - He'd been tagged for a few seasons in a row, and has finally hit the open market. Old, though.
G Holland (NO) - Used the tag on C DiNapoli instead. I toyed with both Holland and DiNapoli here, but thought they'd go with Holland, based purely on age.
RB Fargas (OAK)
S Lassiter (SD)
DT Young (SF) - SF let him walk. No complaints here, he's ancient.
S Jackson (STL)
WR Robbins (TB)
S Schulters (TEN) - Elected not to use the tag.

Three teams used the tag that I didn't predict: Seattle on WLB Allen (eh. first defender off the field. Hope he re-signs cheaper than the tag), and the Jets on C Mawae. They have C Faine waiting in the wings, but I guess one of them started at guard last year. I must've missed that. And Jax tagged Larry Allen, who is incredibly old, but still doing his thing. Damn. I was hoping to steal him on a one year deal in free agency.

And so we hit the open market. And, of course, get our first look at the draft class. And guess what? NO F-ING RUNNING BACKS! The top rb's look like late 2nd rounders to me. Not what I was hoping for at all. In fact, the draft looks very weak to me. Again. Two years running. But there is some strength at the top of the draft, so we will get value out of our 2 high first round picks. Just not superstars, most likely. Oh well.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote