View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 11:41 PM   #322
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
1st minute: Godoy burns his man down the right sideline.. crosses it to Smith.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

8 minute mark: Marchetti with a key defensive play on Ameobi in the box.

20 minute mark: McFadden takes it down the left sideline.. crosses it to the near post.. Alfonso heads it.. barely wide left.

28 minute mark: Howard stops a series of shots.

34 minute mark: Howard stops a flurry of shots, very acrobatic play by Howard.

38 minute mark: Godoy with a long pass to McFadden.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 32,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: O'Shea trips Amoebi in the box.. penalty awarded.. David steps up.. shoots.. to Howard's left.. he dives.. blocks it.. Ameobi gets the rebound.. shoots.. Howard catches it!

51 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Smith just outside the box.. Smith draws two defenders.. passes between them to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

68 minute mark: Whing passes to Williams.. Williams passes to Chaplow in the box.. he shoots a quick powerful banana shot.. it curves.. upper right corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

74 minute mark: Mamam on for Cook, and Marino on for McFadden. I also tell the team to open up the offense more.

78 minute mark: O'Shea with a long pass to Smith.. he dribbles into the box.. the defender catches him from behind.. strips the ball.. it bounces to Marino.. he shoots.. weak shot to the upper left corner.. the keeper saves it.

85 minute mark: Godoy passes it to Marino in the left side of the box.. he fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. wide left.

Game over. Yet another draw. 1-1 tie. I need to look at getting another speed striker who can burn the defense.

They outshot us 19-8 (13-5 on target)

Howard won MoM for his 12 saves, 9 for form.

O'Shea, Grygera, McFadden, and Smith all had 8's for form.

There are no "easy" games in the EPL, as Sir Alex has learned himself this season. I've noticed that leaving one or two key players out of a lineup can really kill your scoring punch, even if you have reasonable backups.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote