View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #123
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 2004:

Good news as all three of our eligible recruits this year have already signed, and let me tell you, there are a couple big surprises in there. Also, none of our recruits declared for the NBA draft, as have none of our current college players that were recruited. Looks like everybody is gonna do the college thing next year. Now, let's get to our recruits.

SG Colton Mayes(GA)

The Missouri Tigers weren't even on Colton's top 5 list at first check, but they recruited him, offered him visits, and offered him a scholarship, which proved to be the difference. Colton will be a Missouri Tiger next year. "I wanted to either play in the Big Ten or the Big Twelve, and Missouri kept impressing me the more I talked with them, so I decided it was a good fit."

PG A.J. Tucker(IA)

This is no big surprise here, as A.J. will be staying home for college, as he inked with the Iowa Hawkeyes. "I wanted to be close to home, right in Big Ten country. I couldn't think of passing up Iowa's scholarship offer. This way I can still hang out with all my friends and stuff."

PG Patrick Kelley(KY)

Patrick's shooting woes seemed to be more of a problem than we realized, as none of his top schools wanted to take a chance on him. "I was pretty much told by Duke and Tulsa that I wouldn't play next year, and Indiana and Iowa didn't offer me a schollie. There is one school that grabbed my attention though." What school is it? Well, it's a school that is not in a power conference, barely even a mid-major conference. You stumped yet? Well, you'll be as shocked as I was when I tell you that Patrick signed with the Creighton Bluejays. Creighton?? Are you serious Patrick?? "Well hey, they aren't that bad of a school, they have a history of going to the NCAA Tournament, and sometimes they even pull an upset. Doesn't seem like that long ago they went to the Sweet Sixteen. Hopefully I can take them back there again."
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote