View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for a trip.

7 minute mark: Schmidt with a great long pass.. Fletcher heads it.. over the bar.

11 minute mark: Downing beats two defenders.. passs to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. great save by the keeper.

18 minute mark: Downing dribbles into the box.. centers to Schreurs.. he fakes out a defender.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

22 minute mark: Downing with a corner.. to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. over the bar.

26 minute mark: Our midfielders pass it back and forther.. Godoy passes between two defenders.. to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0!

33 minute mark: Taylor pushes a point blank shot over the bar.

43 minute mark: Downing shows good sportsmanship and puts the ball out due to an injured player on the opposition.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us.

I wanted to put Djemba and Cook on to play with first team for the second half, but I have to pull Schreurs off since he picked up a minor injury. I slide Godoy out to right wing for the moment as well as putting Djemba and Cook on.

50 minute mark: Cook passes to Adriano in the box.. he draws two defenders.. passes back to Cook who shoots.. wide right.

63 minute mark: Schmidt starts the counter attack.. long pass to Adriano.. he fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0! Schmidt is an awesome all around defender. I anticipate plenty of plays like that this season.

64 minute mark: Ortega on for Godoy at right wing. King on for Adriano.

70 minute mark: Taylor stops a shot from 25 yards out.

71 minute mark: Rooney steals it at midfield.. plays a through ball into the box.. perfect pass.. King gets to it.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0!

87 minute mark: Rooney dribbles into the left side of the box.. crosses to Ortega outside the box.. Ortega passes to Djemba.. he shoots.. good save by the keeper.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 13-5 (8-2 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 12 of 13 passes, 4 of 5 tackles, 5 of 7 headers, 1 interception, 13 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.

Schmidt, Rooney, and Adriano all had 9's for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote