View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Schreurs with a beautiful pass to McFadden.. he dribbles past a defender.. into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. excellent save by the keeper.

5 minute mark: Bojinov has a breakaway.. he beats Howard.. Marchetti tackles him from behind... cleanly! Marchetti with a sure goal saver.

9 minute mark: McFadden dribbles down the left sideline.. beats a defender.. crosses to King in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

22 minute mark: McFadden collided with Wolf.. McFadden has to be carried off the pitch! I put Smith on for him.

25 minute mark: King at midfield.. passes it to Smith just outside the box.. Smith with a burst of speed.. dribbles past Wolf.. fakes out the keeper.. is about to shoot.. the keeper trips him! Johnsen is given a red card!!! Penalty shot awarded.. Cook steps up against the backup keeper.. Cook looks confident.. he slams it into the lower left corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Darn! How many Adriano's are there in the soccer world. They have two on the pitch now, as their keeper is called Adriano! This 19 year old Brazilian keeper looks quite talented actually. I might have to have my scouts take a closer look at him.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us.

55 minute mark: Bojinov with a breakaway.. shoots.. lower left corner.. Howard dives.. catches it!

65 minute mark: Ortega on for Schreurs, and Godoy on for King.

70 minute mark: Downing gets a yellow card for tripping La Cava.

71 minute mark: Lazzari dribbles into the box.. shoots from the left side.. about 20 yards out.. Howard saves it.

83 minute mark: Downing passes to Ortega.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. nice diving save by the keeper. Adriano is having a very good game in goal for a 19 year old keeper. I decide I will definitely have my scout look at this kid after this game.

89 minute mark: Downing passes to smith in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Adriano saves it. Another nice play by the young keeper.

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

We outshot them 11-10 (10-5 on target)

Adriano, their backup keeper, won MoM, for his multiple saves.

I tell two of my best scouts to go look at this kid as soon as possible.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote