View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #129
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney along the endline left side of the box.. Rooney shoots.. parallel to the end line.. it curves.. into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0!

Halftime: 1-0 lead. Disappointing. I was hoping to have a commanding lead to pull Rooney and Downing at halftime. I'm going to leave in the starting 11 for a bit more now.

Lazy effort from most of the team. I'm pulling Rooney and Downing to rest them. I put Carlton Cole and Joe Cole on for them.

70 minute mark: Joe Cole passes to Carlton Cole in the left half of the box.. he shoots from 15 yards out.. way over the bar.

73 minute mark: Joe Cole crosses long to King.. he heads it.. inches wide right of the net.

80 minute mark: Reo-Coker passes to Carlton in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

I decide to put Worthington on for King who is tired.

86 minute mark: Reo-Coker collides with a midfielder and is hurt. I've used all my subs so we have to go with 10 guys.

89 minute mark: Gerrard steals the keeper's pass.. passes it between two defenders.. Carlton Cole gets to it.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 win.

We outshot them 13-12 (4-2 on target)

Downing has a 9 for form and wins MoM, 10 of 11 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 6 runs, and 1 assist.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote