View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 08:32 AM   #15
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
In december, I bought a refurbished computer from ecost. It was a deal of a lifetime! A compaq with 512 megs of ram dvd burner/cd burner and 160 gig hard drive all for like 350 dollars.

Needless to say the thing didn't even last through the month. I sent it in to compaq and they replaced the motherboard for free.

Today, it didn't even turn on! No warning nothing. THe thing refuses to turn on and yes I made sure it was plugged in.

So is there any possible way to get my money back from ecost or compaq? Or am i screwed? It is past the warranty date and I don't even want to get the thing repaired because at this point i realize its just a pos.

ecost - There's your problem right there. If you go refurbished, I did, go straight through Dell, HP, or Compaq.. and MAKE SURE you have at least a one year warranty.

Anyhow, get the part # off of your power supply or take it out of the pc and go to best buy or somewhere like that and get a new one - they cost about $40 and should fix your issue. If it doesn't, it's the motherboard - take the power supply back and get your money back.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote