View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 01:08 PM   #19
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Shaq is a model for mor then one reason. He is personable, charitable, and an all around likeable guy.

I'll second that. I didn't want to like him when he first came into the league, mainly because I thought he got away with too much contact on offense. I also didn't think much of his forays into music and acting.

But over the years, I've come to realize that this is a guy with a pretty level head on his shoulders, a tremendous sense of humor and a pretty big heart. I've talked with a few people that have had direct dealings with him and they all have very good things to say about him - that he doesn't have a prima donna attitude, that he's personable and that he's smart.

I think it's great that he not only completed his undergrad at LSU after leaving early, but he pursued this MBA degree and is seriously considering pursuing a Criminal Justice degree. He's made enough money in salary and commercial endorsements that, unless his financial advisors are completely incompetant and/or crooks, he's financially set for life many times over.

I suspect what the MBA does for him is allow him to feel more comfortable taking an active role in his financial dealings. Highly visible people like him with that much money are constantly being approached to invest in this business/real estate, contribute to that charity, etc. He probably wants to have a more educated basis to be able to evaluate these requests, and good for him. If he feels like this degree gives him the means to better communicate with Bill Gates and Donald Trump on their level, good for him.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote