View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 01:17 AM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Reyes with a long range shot from 35 yards out.. Howard stops it easily.

4 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles into the right side of the box.. he passes it to the far post.. Parker with a header.. nice save by Jesus.

7 minute mark: Yobo stops a Rooney breakaway.

15 minute mark: Cardozo with a long pass to Schreurs who heads it to Adriano in the right portion of the box.. he immediately shoots.. upper right corner.. Jesus dives.. saves it.

26 minute mark: Parker passes to Downing in the box.. he shoots from 10 yards out.. upper left corner.. Jesus dives.. blocks it.

27 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Mauro.

33 minute mark: Miller heads it to Schreurs who passes it 40 yards up the pitch to Rooney.. he fakes left.. dribbles right.. the keeper backpedals.. he wasn't fooled.. Rooney shoots.. the keeper saves it.

35 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to Rooney in the box.. he fakes going to his left.. nice crossover move to his right.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

44 minute mark: Cardozo stops a Di Mauro breakaway.

45 minute mark: Reyes shoots from 25 yards out.. Howard saves it easily.

Halftime: Up 1-0. They have over 60,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Cardozo stops a pass that was intended for Di Mauro in the box.

59 minute mark: Ben Arfa trips Godoy.. yellow card for Ben Arfa.

60 minute mark: Miller steals it from Reyes.. starts our counterattack.. passes it to Godoy at midpitch.. he passes to Parker.. Parker immediately threads it between two defenders to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. He doubles his talley. I'm amazed that Miller is playing so good at such a young age.

72 minute mark: Schreurs has picked up an injury.. hopefully it is minor.. but he is limping so I'm pulling him.

I slide Godoy out to right wing and put Djemba on for Schreurs in the middle. I also sub Alfonso on for Downing.

93 minute mark: Godoy passes to Adriano.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. Jesus saves it.

Game over. 2-0 win.

We outshot them 19-11 (11-9 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 15 of 21 passes, 1 key pass, 1 of 1 tackles, 2 of 7 headers, 9 runs, 1 foul drawn, 2 goals.

Howard, Schruers, and Parker all had 9's for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote