View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 01:21 PM   #29
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
DirectTV isn't much better since my understanding is you are signing a contract, which you will be penalized for if you cancel early. Plus there is no local service tech that will come out free of charge because you are having a service issue.

That's not 100 percent true. If you're withing your contract window, they will send out a technician. I've had them send technicians out even outside of a contract window. However, I now am fully covered. I pay a few dollars more each month and they'll now send a technician out for any problem. This is all a lie from the cable company.

FWIW, many cable companies now use local contract companies. You used to be able to call the local cable office. No more. The local office here is a fortress and the guards refer you to a call center in another part of the country.

Quote:
Cable TV can provide a lot of value if you have the right cable company.

You're right. The best deal is when you can get one of the smaller cable companies. There are some small ones out there which service a small area, yet offer many of the services as the big guys. That's actually how cable started. CATV stands for Community Antenna Television, though it now is used to refer to Cable Television.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote