View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #15
condors
College Starter

Colorado beat New Jersey in 6 games to win the Stanley Cup. I am a little surprised but that is why you play the games.

The Wild win the lottery, I am unable to work out a deal for their pick. I considered giving up multiple #1 picks but center isn't where we need players so i decied to see what happens at #23.

With the 23rd pick i took 12th ranked overall Left winger Guillaume Latendresse. I have no idea who he is in real life but my scouts think he can be a key player for the Flyers in the future.

In the 2nd round i get 24th ranked overall left winger Colton Yellow Horn scouts think he can be a core player for us down the road.

In the 3rd round i get #45 ranked overall Left defensman Matt Lashoff my scouts think he could be a Key player for us (although some say core)

In the 4th round we go right wing #98 ranked overall Tom Nannino (my scouts had him ranked as the top right winger left and i felt we need to add a couple)

In the 5th round we go with right winger Brent Aubin 55th ranked player in the draft

In the 6th round I get center Jason Walters #66 ranked overall and already has 20 for hitting rating this is the last player any of my scouts believe can be a core player

In the 7th round I get right defenseman Paolo Bottiglia ranked 87th overall and i feel i needed to get a body

In the 8th round i took an unranked goalie just to have one Shane Conelly if he is anything but an emergency backup i will be shocked.

In the 9th round i took left winger Oleg Eremev #115 overall he seemed like the best player left i was looking for an enforcer type guy but didn't find one suitable so i went with best overall player left.

Overall i am very happy with how the draft went of course we will see how the players look next season. I don't offer any of them a contract Let them play in juniors and look at them again next season. I have a ton of guys to sort though as it is.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote