View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 06:18 AM   #30
condors
College Starter

Pitkanan, Johnsson and Seidenberg are injured (all 3 of my starting LD) Markov moves over and Picard and Zarb get their chance. Mike Rupp also is out long term. We managed to pick up a couple former 1st round picks(who haven't done much but my scouts seem to think they can still get better) and see how they do with the Phantoms. I send Colton Yellow Horn and Tom Mannio back to juniors after 20+ games they really haven't improved as much as i would have liked we will be looking at them again next season along with the 2 #1 picks.

Going into the final 20 games Picard has done well and teams are very interested in him (i don't think he is going anywhere) Zarb hasn't excelled like Picard but seems to be as good as anyone else we have used as a 5th or 6th defenseman.

The standing are very strange for the first time the Flyers are leading the Eastern Conferance 18 points ahead of the devils who are in 5th place. Also Ottawa and Tampa Bay are not leading their divisons (i think its Penguins and Panthers but i am not in front of my home pc right now so i am not sure)

Cibak Radviojevic and Gagne are still playing well together

Kallio, Carter, Umberger seem to work well together as well

Fedurok Sharp and Perry have been shutting down top lines all season.

our 4th line still keeps changing with Richards being the only constant.

The difference this year has been our defense our goals against is way down from our earlier seasons when i thought we had the talent but still let in goals. I think our forwards are much more capable now and keep control of the puck and as a whole the team has gotten better with age.

For the first time i believe the team can actually contend for the cup

I wish i had made a move for Jack Johnson (1st defensman selected in the 2005 draft i think it was 6th overall) he has been tearing it up in the league seems every week i am reading something about him (scoring streaks, defensive player of the week etc)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote