View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 1, 2016 -

The board is very pleased with my performance as manager.

HOLY COW! The board is very pleased with my performance as manager... they just raised my transfer budget by an additional 42 million dollars!!!! I now have a transfer budget of 61 million dollars!

Inter have signed Liverpool's Philippe Durand for 34.5 million dollars.

I now have to decide what I'm going to do with my 61 million dollars. Initially I was thinking about going after a young striker. However, let's take a look at my striker position:

1. Wayne Rooney - He is almost 31, but has one or two more years of starting in him counting this season.

2. Adriano - Is one of the best strikers in the world. He is only 24. Will be a star for years.

3. Craig King - One of the top 3 strikers in England. Isn't happy about being a #3 striker.

4. Michael Oswald - Is only 21 and has the potential to become a very good striker. Can also play midfield. A perfect #4 striker.

5. Alberto Flores - Only 17, I'll probably send him back to the reserve team once they start playing at the end of August.

6. Bob Wright - He is 24. He isn't very happy that he is a 4th or 5th striker, but he is good in that role.

No, I really don't need a striker.

However, we have many players in the last year of their contract. I neeed to get that squared away before we decide who to pursue.

Let's look at the list:

Boogaart - He is 30 and tires easily, but he is still talented. He wants 83,000/week and 1.6 million for a 1 year extension. I offer him a 2 year extension at that rate.

Carlos Godoy - He is only 25 and he has become the hardest working midfielder we have. He is mentally our best player. He is good technically and physically. My AM thinks he has become an essential member of the squad and I agree. He wants 78,000/week for 3 years plus 2 million signing bonus. I agree.

Barbosa - At the age of 29, he has 2 years left at least to be an excellent left wing. He can also slide to striker. Very gifted technically. He wants to keep his salary at 120,000/week. I agree and offer him the 3 year extension that he wants as well as the 2.4 million dollar signing bonus that he wants.

Wood - He is only 24 and he is a good midfielder. Surprisingly, he is willing to re-sign for 4 years at 66,000/week. I decide to hold onto him as trade bait if nothing else.

Howard - He is 37 and he is starting to decline, but he is still a good keeper. I offer him a 1 year extension at 76,000/week.

Wright - He wants 36,000/week and 700k signing bonus for a 4 year extension. I agree.

Cook - He is 24 and he is a very talented midfielder, even though I don't use him that much. He is unsure if he wants to sign with us due to our sparse use of him. I offer him 82,000/week and 2 million to sign a 2 year extension.

Adriano - He is a superstar. He is currently making 110,000/week. He wants 160,000/week plus a 7.6 million dollars signing bonus for a 2 year extension. I offer the same terms on a 3 year extension.

Downing - He is 32 and is starting to decline a bit, but he is still a very good left winger. He currently makes 86,000/week. I offer him a 1 year extension at 86,000/week with a 1 million dollars signing bonus.

Craig King - He is 26 and is a very good striker. He wants a 2 year extension with a salary of 170,000/week and 4.8 million signing bonus. I offer him 160,000/week and ask him to take a 3 year extension.

Schreurs- He is 28 and he is a superb right winger. Despite being unhappy about his playing time he is willing to take a 1 year extension for a raise to 120,000/week plus 5.2 million dollar signing bonus. I ask him to make it a 2 year extension.

Andy Ford - The 24 year old striker in our reserve system never fully developed. We'll let him go after this season.

David Harper - The 26 year old keeper never really developed in our reserve system. He doesn't want to re-sign and I can't blame him. Hopefully, he doesn't come back to haunt us.

John Gray - The 23 year old defender isn't good enough to play for us. I'll let him go.

Stephen Wright - The 22 year old midfielder never developed technical ability. We'll let him go.

Kevin Young - The 22 year old striker is developing nicely and has potential. I offer him a 4 year extension at 32,000/week. If he signs, this is another reason not to acquire another striker.

James Bailey - This 21 year old striker is still raw, but he might develop. I offer him a 3 year extension at 1,000/week to see if he can develop any more.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote