View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 05:17 AM   #46
condors
College Starter

Year 3 ends in the first round of the playoffs in 6 games against the Lighting.

Finished the season as the 7th seed with 94 points.

Simon Gagne led the team with a 7.86 rating but only played in 50 games due to injuries.
Derick Morris was next with a 7.76 and played in 66
Joni Pitkanen had a 7.75 and played in 63

Inuries to our top 3 players hurt our regular season standings. Richards and Carter both suffered injuries as well missing 12 and 16 games each.

Overall the season was a dissapointment

The offseason alot of veteran Phantoms will be gone.

There is one Flyer who sadly wants a bigger contract than i am willing to give him. Team Captin Sami Kappenan who will be 34 years old wants a 3 year 20 million dollar contract i was willing to give him 12. This opens a spot for our first round pick in 2005 Nickolas Bergfors. To be honest i don't think he looks ready. There will be alot of guys in camp competing for spots. Hopefully somebody steps up but Bergfors has an edge due to his draft postion and expectations.

Kappenan led the team with 62 points 32 goals was the only guy to break 30 goals.

Dissapointing production from Gagne Carter Richards Cole and Parrish. Although injuries were a factor i expected all 6 of these guys to have 60+ points.

I am considering making noise in the free agent market but will see who is out there.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote