View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
aran
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
One thing that I think would be tremendous to add would be in regards to the mental abilities that you were saying might be near to impossible to change.

What about implementing a probability where a younger player that perhaps comes into the league with bad work habits joins a team with a consumate all timer who is religeous when it comes to game prep/work outs/etc (ie: highly talented but lazy rookie WR seeing day in and day out how Jerry Rice goes about his business), and through some sort of % based chance as to whether or not his habits would be influenced by that sort of example (possibly based both on the other players leadership/work ethic/charisma)? Same could hold true for a hard worker joining a team of slackers and in the end his own skills start to slip from being in a bad environment for a prolonged period of time.

Again, it shouldn't happen every time the scenario is encountered, but I think it would add a lot to the immersion factor if you have a guy who has been great for you for a long time who isn't necessarily putting up the big numbers anymore, but could be valuable to be kept around to set an example for the rest of the players.

I like this idea... Very interesting. Perhaps i'll have an "average work ethic" for the team, and players will slowly have their work ethic's lean towards the average team work ethic. Of course, mentors at positions will usually raise work ethic, unless a player is REALLY selfish, in which case he thinks he IS the team and will stay wherever he's at.

Thanks for the suggestion.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote