Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #169
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

This fight is scheduled for 10 rounds.

Well, from the looks of the first round there is no way that this fight is going to go the distance. I told Lawrence to be aggressive and to work behind the jab and move forward. He was successful at doing that. He did get tagged a couple of times, and hit on the chin at least once, but he has a good chin. Nunn took a lot of damage, I could see either fighter ending this one early. Round one to Lawrence.

Another round in which Nunn was on the receiving end of a barrage of punches. I am really looking at this fight through rose colored glasses. Nunn is working well behind the jab and getting some good shots in, but I really don’t see them having the effect that Lawrence’s are on him. McFarlane went for the kill with a minute to go, but came up short.

Nunn took round three with good jabbing and good follow up on his punching. McFarlane seemed tight. Like the gravity of the moment was getting him. I told him to relax and let the next round flow. This is only the 4th round, there is a long way to go.

Round 4 stared off with McFarlane jumping out to the center of the ring to try and seize the flow of this fight. He landed some good punches but after a minute he was getting hit too often. I yelled that he needed more head and shoulder movment and that was all it took. Lawrence took control and controlled the next minute. Nunn was reeling and rocking back against the ropes. The ref looked on as Lawrence continued to hammer away combo after combo with Nunn trying desperately to fight back. At 2:50 he had seen enough and stepped between the fighters.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Lawrence McFarlane has just TKOed Micheal Nunn in the 4th round. The judges had McFarlane ahead by one on two cards and the other had Nunn ahead by one. It was a close fight. I just knew there was no way that this was going anywhere near the distance.

What a great win for the stable and for McFarlane. His confidence is soaring and so it mine. This might get him into the top 25 in the Middleweight rankings! We will have to wait for three or four weeks to see.

The results from the other big fights were as follows:

Job Reyes scored a 4th round TKO over Fernando Ramirez.

Wilfredo Benitez is the new Welterweight Champ with a split decision win over Manuel Castillo in 12 rounds.

I was approached by another fighter for a fight with Drydon. He is really talented and would be too much for Lee right now. I am holding out for a more favorable fight. Even if it doesn’t pay me that much. We are going to celebrate right NOW!!!!!!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote