Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 09:06 AM   #192
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Lawrence McFarlane v. Gene Melvin

This fight is scheduled for 10 rounds.

Round one was a back and forth duel. Melvin was much better defensively than I had imagined. He was able to land some punches but couldn’t land any damaging combinations. McFarlane did well behind the jab, and I thought, won the round. It was close though.

Round two was quiet for the most part. Melvin moved well and kept Lawrence from really getting established with the jab. McFarlane moved well too, and neither fighter did much damage. Until......toward the end of the round, Lawrence came out of nowhere with an overhand right that connected on the left side of Melvin’s chin. You could tell that he was hurt right away. Melvin went down and the announcers were heard to say that Melvin was in BIG trouble. The ref counted to 8 and Melvin found his way to his feet, but he was really shaky. The ref finished his count and looked at Melvin and decided that was enough. And to the shock of everyone in attendance none more than me. Lawrence McFarlane knocked out his opponent in the second round, 2:28 into the round.

WOW! How did that happen? I never would have predicted that. The second round? I am impressed. That may just be enough to get McFarlane into the top 10 in the middleweight division.

And this fight has put the perfect cap on the perfect evening for Punishment Inc. All the fighters won, and all my bets paid. I had bet 450k on 3 fights and they all paid! Now that is a nice cashout!

Pardon me, but I have some partying to do. For what it’s worth, the judges had given the first round to Lawrence as well. Impressive.

Lee Drydon fights next week, but for at least the next 48 hours I will be the happiest man on the planet. Time to party!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote