View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 09:05 AM   #388
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Watching FOX News right now, and I'm getting sick to my stomache. I'm definitely a bit more conservative than I am liberal, but the more I see the conservative view-point of modern times, the more that line is thinning for me.

Quote:
Regardless of that, I find it nauseating that conservatives, the so-called "moral-majority" (and religious majority) would even raise this question. Especially while so much damage and pain isn't even a day old. For those that claim allegiance to Christ, I ask you this question: Would Jesus allow people to suffer without lending aid in this situation?

Quote:
You're a fucking twit. Read what I said again and make a cogent response.

Just because FOX News and one person on this list said it, doesn't mean that the entire "moral-majority" or whatever you want to call conservatives these days are fully behind it. I'm a conservative, and my personal opinion on this issue is that there needs to be some limits to what we do in dangerous areas (high-rise buildings in LA are specifically DESIGNED to withstand earthquakes, for example), but I agree that people everywhere have something they deal with and we as a country need to step up and help them.

Quote:
I hope I wasn't the person that started it, but I was literally hurt and angry by the words of people that I usually considered decent.

Use a narrower brush next time, then. Call out the specific people, not an entire group. I thought Sack had a good point (he was very careful to attack people who CHOOSE to stay, not the large numbers who were stuck) that others chose to misinterpret, but you were the first to bring in the political angle to this.