View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #140
QuikSand
lolzcat

Preseason Complete

We have to make our final cut-downs now – to get to 53 (plus the four we already have on injured reserve). So, the final four casualties are:

RB David Smith – decent guy, but not in our long term plans. This leaves us with only four backs on the roster – RBs Courtney Criswell and Floyd Fraser, and FBs Chadwick Morimasa and Charles Emerson. That’s fine – but if we end up with injuries, we will have to go fishing. We expect to see Criswell and Morimasa splitting the bulk of the carries for the offense.

TE Vincent Tyler – we piad him a $630,000 bonus, but he simply isn’t going to pan out for us, as he can’t unseat Clay Lannon for our reserve TE job, and he didn’t pan out in a possible switch to FB, which was my real motivation with him to begin with.

DE Edgar Welch – A guy I like, but just can’t keep him as a fifth non-affinity DE.

S Brad Pope – Another guy who was a pretty good fit here, but we just can’t see him playing a lot this year, and he’s 14th year guy – need to make room for some of the younger players, notably undrtafted rookie Jeff McCartney, whom we like a good deal.

This means we are carrying six wide receivers, to my surprise. Both rookies Dave Worcester and Dennis Rankin make the team, and ought to help out in the return game at least.

That gets us ready for our opener – we will be sending out Hilton Boner as our starting quarterback, with Harry Ross as the #2 option. I have three guys I can play here, which is a blessing and a curse. We won’t have a quick hook with Boner, but at some point we could see any of these guys starting games.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote